Thank you for visiting this site and learning more about our campaign!
I'm Matt Strabone, and I'm running for County Assessor / Recorder / Clerk because all San Diegans deserve to be treated fairly. Fairness is important to me—like so many of us, I came from humble origins and worked hard to build a better life. We all just want an honest chance to do our best for ourselves and our families, and so ensuring you get a fair shake is my promise to you.
Our campaign stands for these commonsense principles:
- Pay less property tax. Are you getting all the exemptions you deserve? We will prioritize outreach to every community in the county to make sure you're informed and we'll work with you to find tax savings you might have missed.
- Corruption and bigotry should have no place in this office and we must demand better. I will never use the office to enrich myself or take advantage of taxpayers, and we will always serve all the people of our county equally and with an open heart.
- Public records belong to you, the public, and we will make it easier and less expensive for you to obtain copies of them.
- The office must be accessible to everyone, and we will upgrade its capabilities to provide a best-in-class user-friendly experience.
- Serving the people of San Diego County should be the office's primary concern, and we will vigorously pursue excellence in customer service, always.
This is a campaign of new ideas and new energy, and with your help we will make the County Assessor / Recorder / Clerk's office work for all of us.
Please vote Matt Strabone for Assessor / Recorder / County Clerk on June 5, 2018.